The Bridges Institute is an Africa-focused international affairs institute linking the international private sector, government officials, policy makers and civil society leaders to promote democracy, leadership and economic growth in Africa through social development.
- Promote democracy and good governance on the African continent
- Enhance perceptions of Africa’s intellectual capital
- Policy dialogue
- Leadership training and mentorship
- Project sharing of successful African solutions to global social disparities
- Encouraging senior leadership to identify annually one key issue facing the continent, assess the problem, suggest solutions, and combine resources in a campaign to tackle the issue.
- Promoting senior leadership development and mentoring of mid-level up-and-comers.
- Strengthening perceptions of Africa's intellectual capital by sharing with other regions successful African programs to address global social disparities in education, health, gender equity and economic development.
Areas of Expertise
- Democracy and Governance
- Peacebuilding, Women in Agriculture
- Policy and Advocacy
- Election Monitoring
- Civil Society Strengthening
- Leadership Development
- Gender Equality and Mentoring